Wednesday 3 August 2011

A Week in Taize #5 - Losing Voice

Wednesday, 3 August 2011

So the highlight of today is, I lost my voice. Yes it's the middle of the week, I still have 4 more days in Taize, and I can't sing even once single song during every prayers! And even on the day that seems like they sing most of my favourite songs! Argh!

But this losing voice means something else; I'm having a great time in Olinda! So since I introduced the Maquentuetuetama to my small English group, my coordinator asked me to taught the song & dance to the big group as well, which is contain about 47 kids with 6 different languages. So today is my second day to lead the Maquentuetuetama in the big group, and I also taught a new game as well. Maybe I used the wrong technique to shout, instead of using diaphragm I used my throat. But at least I'm having fun with the kids!

I still like the meeting people in a long queue of the meal distribution thing. When I queued, I'm always afraid of end up being alone to have my meal. But apparently it never happens! In the beginning usually I just by myself and pick the shortest line. But soon I get in the middle of the queue, there's always some people poke or call me, then we had a conversation in the queue and I had my meal with them. So I think this is one of the positive thing of coming to Taize by my self and stay in the field.

Oh another nostalgic moment. I joined the workshop about "How to Share a Life with the Moslem Believers". Three years ago, I was one of the people who share the experiences, and now I'm happy enough to sit as the participant and listen to their experiences. The other good thing is, I know this workshop didn't happen every week, but it happens on the week when I came! What a chance, what a destiny!


No comments:

Post a Comment