Saturday 6 August 2011

A Week in Taize #8 - Celebration of Light

Saturday, 6 August 2011

Today is my last full day in Taize. So I experience already, a week in Taize like the most people do. I do feel that 7 days in Taize is really really short, or maybe it's because I experienced to stay in Taize for three months already. But I feel like I really respect every moment on these last 7 days. Never miss one single prayer, always go to the church earlier to get the best spot, queue for the meal earlier, stay up very late in the church to enjoy the songs, etc.

But the time isn't enough to meet all the people that I want to meet. Especially the old friends that I haven't seen for years and I know that they're in Taize at the moment. Also some brothers that I want to talk to. But really seems like I enjoy very much to meet new people and make new friends as well. Well these past few days, I can see how much time I spent to hang around with my new friends that I've met in the bible group and the working team in Olinda.



It's good thing that I arrived on Saturday last week so I can join the evening prayer with the "Celebration of Light" twice! Thus, I can bring two candles home :D Yes, every Saturday on the evening prayer, they will lit the candle in the end of the prayer to celebrate the resurrection of the Christ. The children who sit next to the prior of Taize Community, Br. Alois, will lit the candle in the first time then they will spread the light around the church. The beautiful thing to see is how the Church of Reconciliation slowly but sure began to lighten up by the candles. It's wonderful experience to be part and to see how the light spreading around the church, it's like when I'll back home I'll spread the light from Taize as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment