Sunday 7 August 2011

A Week in Taize #9 - One Week!

Sunday, 7 August 2011

So apparently a week on the field in Taize is wonderful as well. It's such a different experience with my three months stay in Taize on 2008 so I can't really compare it. Stay longer in Taize is about to live in the community of 40-50 boys from different part of the globe. But a week in Taize is more a pilgrimage from an individual person who come to this small village.

Sleep in the barrack with the other 5-6 pilgrims, take a shower (sometimes cold shower) in a shower room for 10 people, queue in a big line for every meal with the other thousands young people, get a very simple food that makes you craving and miss your own food at back home, do a practical work that you never did before in your life just to make sure this place keep running properly, listening to the brother about the bible and share it in the small group, and of course pray 3x a day in the church.

I'm glad I decided to stay for a week in Taize so I can experience the "both side" of life in Taize. On this week, somehow I can feel how the work, the bible introduction, sharing group and meeting people, and the prayers are connected in a way. I get the "theory" of how to live a life in the bible introduction, then applied it on the practical work and meeting people, then bless for it on the common prayers. Seven days is short (for those who love Taize very much), but somehow I made this shortness became limitation. From that limitation, I can respect more every time that I spent on the hill. Even though I catch cold, sore throat, and lost my voice, but I want to live up every moment. It's like to stay up until the late of the night in the church and wake up early in the morning to join the morning prayer. Or to arrange carefully every free time that I have to meet old friends, new friends, or the brothers and sisters.

One interesting thing that happens today is, I don't feel sad at all when I have to say goodbye to my new friends. And even when I get on the bus then the bus left Taize. Maybe it's because I already proved that, IT IS POSSIBLE to meet my European friends whom I met in Taize again in the future. Oh yes, my one-month visitation in Europe proved it all, I met and visit some of my best friend whom I met in Taize three years ago. Even I have to wait for three years later, or even four, at least I know and I believe that I will meet again these new friends that I met in Taize this summer. The power of possibility! :D




working team in Olinda





small sharing group

No comments:

Post a Comment